Did you know...
- 47% of people struggle to pick an outfit before heading to work?
- 50% plan their outfit a day or two before they actually wear it?
- 1 in 9 people have been late for work because they couldn't 'find' anything to wear
An espy Capsule Wardrobe Experience takes the guesswork out of your everyday what-to-wear decision-making.
Imagine grabbing pieces from your closet and having the confidence knowing that whatever combination you pull out will look amazing together, no matter what.
A curated Capsule Wardrobe that consists of 8-12 pieces focusing on the current season, along with your specific needs relating to work and everyday attire yields 25+ different looks. Did we mention shoes are included?
Starting at $1,700 for women and $2,000 for men.
So what exactly is a Capsule Wardrobe?
Well, the official version goes like this: a Capsule Wardrobe is a collection of clothing that is composed of interchangeable items only, in order to maximize the number of outfits that can be created.
“What am I going to wear today?” The age-old question. Imagine reaching into your closet and choosing 2-3 items without any thought as to whether or not they go together.
An espy Capsule Wardrobe Experience allows you to take the guesswork out of your everyday what-to-wear decision-making. Taking into consideration the needs of your everyday attire the espy stylists curate a Capsule Wardrobe consisting of 8-12 pieces giving you 25+ potential outfit combinations. And to answer that thought in your head, yes, shoes are included.
Here’s the basic idea for Men
- Classic Suit
- Dress Slacks
- Dress Shirt
- Basic Tee
- Perfect Pair of Denim
- Wool Sweater
- Dress Shoes
Here’s the basic idea for Women
- Classic Blazer
- Tailored Trousers
- Pencil Skirt
- Perfect Pair of Denim
- Cashmere Sweater
- Basic White Tee
- Ballet Flats
- Tote Bag
Some general guidelines to follow
- Choose a colour scheme. Choose one or two base colours that go with everything (black, white, brown, grey, or navy). Buy items such as trousers, handbags or coats in shades of these colours. After choosing your base colours, choose one or two accent colours. These are brighter than the base colours and co-ordinate with each other. Use your accent colours for items such as tops, dresses, or accessories. With your colour scheme established all the items in your wardrobe will be interchangeable. The goal here is to choose colours that should always complement each other.
- Choose classic shapes and patterns. You’re aware that cuts and patterns of clothing go in and out of fashion. Those that do not are considered ‘classic’. Always choose classic pieces for a Capsule Wardrobe. You intend to keep them and wear them for a number of years, right? Once you have your classic pieces selected, add a few on-trend items each season to help keep your wardrobe relevant and fresh. No matter how innovative clothing designers get year after year, there are certain classic prints they turn to season after season: stripes, florals, plaid, animal prints and polka dots.
- Choose high-quality fabrics. Individual pieces in a Capsule Wardrobe get lots of wear. Therefore, select clothing that is well made and durable. You want your items to continue to look good despite the number of times you pull them out of your closet. We believe in sustainable fashion!